The 15th Annual Boyne Thunder Poker Run on Lake Charlevoix & Lake Michigan. Hear the Thunder!
July 13 & 14, 2018
Port stops of Boyne City, Charlevoix, Northport, Elk Rapids, Harbor Springs, Bay Harbor, and Horton Bay.
Leaving Boyne City, boats will head down Lake Charlevoix to beautiful Charlevoix. Once out on Lake Michigan, the course will go south for card stops at Northport and Elk Rapids, then return to the City of Charlevoix Marina for lunch in beautiful downtown Charlevoix. The Poker Run continues after lunch with cards stops in Harbor Springs and Bay Harbor in Little Traverse Bay, then returns to Lake Charlevoix for the final card stop at Horton Bay.
Follow Boyne Thunder on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
There’s nothing like it … Boyne Thunder is unique!
There is no other event like it in Northern Michigan. Since 2004, we have grown into a world class event with boaters from all over the country, great media coverage, national attention and great local support. When you come to Boyne City we make you feel special because you are.
Here are other important items we want you to know about our event:
- Boyne City is centered in one of the most picturesque boating regions of the Midwest and is a boater’s gateway to the world! Door County, Mackinac Island and the legendary North Channel Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee and Ontario, Canada
- It’s a unique small town with charm and vibrancy, history, world class restaurants and a great place to live work and play
- We have nearby IFR and jet-rated airports for visitors
- Marina and dockage facilities adjacent to downtown provide easy access to downtown shopping, dining and entertainment
- Benefits the Boyne City Mainstreet Program, Camp Quality and Challenge Mountain
Hear from the boaters. What do you like best about Boyne Thunder?
- Boyne City knows how to put on a great, fun and adventure-filled poker run! We were very impressed with how involved the local community was and how welcoming they are.
- The local people were so friendly, the water is beautiful, the atmosphere is awesome
- Awesome boats and even better people
- It’s as beautiful as Key West in its own way. I do them both every year. The locals in Boyne are over the top gracious and helpful and appreciate all of us coming to town. That is felt by everyone I have talked to and its genuine I’m sure.
Boyne Thunder Entry Fees
Registration Opens March 1 at 9 a.m. for all participants
*No promo codes will be used this year!
Entries are non-transferrable.
The entry fee is $725, which includes the driver and a crew of one. Additional crew will be charged at the rate of $150 per person. These fees include your entry fee for the poker run, custom Boyne Thunder T-Shirt, Captain’s gift, attendance at Friday night gala, breakfast, lunch and reception on Saturday and attendance at awards banquet and auction on Saturday night. The $725 entry fee must be paid at the time of registration. Additional crew can be added until June 29, 2018
Note: Proof of insurance for boats is required with your entry in a .pdf format and must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2018.
Cancellation before June 22, 2018, will result in a forfeiture of $300 deposit. Cancellations on or after June 22, 2018 will result in forfeiture of all registration fees. There will be no partial rebates for unused dockage or non-participation in any Boyne Thunder events.
1st Place – $5,000
Second Place – $3,000
Third Place – $1,500
Schedule of Events
- Boyne City Municipal Marina will be the base of operations for the event.
- Shower and bathroom facilities are available. You are welcome to spend the nights aboard your boat, but you may wish to stay at one of the many area lodging facilities.
- Check-in for Boyne Thunder participants is 12:00pm EST, Friday July 13. Check-out is 12:00pm Sunday. If you are interested in extending your stay, please contact the marina to make your reservation at 231-582-0336
Please make hotel reservations early!
Here are four options.
Water Street Inn
Boyne City Motel
Elvyn Lea Lodge
3780 M-75 North
Boyne City, MI 49712