The 20th Annual Boyne Thunder Poker Run on Lake Charlevoix & Lake Michigan.
Hear the Thunder!
July 7 and 8, 2023
Leaves from Boyne City and then port stops in Charlevoix, Northport, Elk Rapids, Harbor Springs, Bay Harbor, and Horton Bay.
From Lake Charlevoix in Boyne City, boats cruise to beautiful Charlevoix. Once out on Lake Michigan, the course heads south for card stops at Northport and Elk Rapids, then back to the Charlevoix marina for lunch. The Poker Run continues after lunch with cards stops in Harbor Springs and Bay Harbor in Little Traverse Bay, then makes a final return to Lake Charlevoix for the final card stop at Horton Bay.
Follow Boyne Thunder on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
There’s nothing like it … Boyne Thunder is unique!
There is no other event like it in Northern Michigan. Since 2004, we have grown into a world class event with boaters from all over the country, great media coverage, national attention, and tremendous local support. Boyne City and our Poker Run are so special and you’ll feel it when you get here:
- Boyne City is a unique small town with charm, vibrancy, history, world class restaurants, and is a great place to live, work and play.
- Marina and dockage facilities adjacent to downtown provide easy access to shopping, dining, entertainment, and nearby lodging.
- Our charitable event benefits Boyne City Main Street, Camp Quality, and Challenge Mountain.
- Boyne City is centered in one of the most picturesque boating regions of the Midwest and is a boater’s gateway for many beautiful North American destinations.
- We have nearby airports for your guests who may want to fly in and join you.
Don’t take our word for it! From our boaters:
Boyne City knows how to put on a great, fun and adventure-filled poker run! We were very impressed with how involved the local community was and how welcoming they are.
The local people were so friendly, the water is beautiful, the atmosphere is awesome!
Awesome boats and even better people!
It’s as beautiful as Key West in its own way. I do them both every year. The locals in Boyne are over the top gracious and helpful and appreciate all of us coming to town. That is felt by everyone I have talked to and its genuine I’m sure.
Registration Opens March 1 at 9 a.m. for all participants.
Don’t wait! We fill up fast and cannot maintain a waiting list.
The entry fee is $800 and includes the driver and a crew of one. Additional crew will be charged at the rate of $200 per person. The $800 entry fee must be paid at the time of registration. Additional crew can be added until June 15, 2023.
Entry fee includes:
- Poker Run
- Captain’s gift – great goodies, including this year’s event t-shirt.
- Friday night welcome dinner in Boyne City.
- Saturday breakfast in Boyne City, lunch in Charlevoix, and evening gala dinner in Boyne City with music, bars, live and silent auctions to benefit our charities, and Poker Run awards.
Proof of insurance for boats is required with your entry in a PDF format and must be emailed to email@example.com by June 1, 2023.
Transfer and Cancellation Policies:
Cancellations can be made until June 10th, 2023 and will incur a $300 processing fee. Refunds will not be issued after June 10th, 2023. There will be no partial rebates for unused dockage or non-participation in any Boyne Thunder events.
Poker Run Prizes
- 1st Place – $5,000
- 2nd Place – $3,000
- 3rd Place – $1,500
Schedule of Events
- Boyne Thunder events take place at our municipal marina and surrounding parks. We do utilize various marina dockage in the area in our attempt to accommodate as many boaters as would like to attend.
- Shower and bathroom facilities are available. You are welcome to spend the nights aboard your boat, but you may wish to stay at one of the many area lodging facilities. See below!
- Check-in for Boyne Thunder participants is 12:00pm EST, Friday July 7. Check-out is 12:00pm Sunday. If you are interested in extending your stay, contact the marina at 231-582-0336.
Make hotel reservations early!
1 Boyne Mt Rd.
Boyne Falls, MI 49713
Visit Boyne Mountain’s website for lodging during the event, or call 855-888-1044 and use code THUNDER
Water Street Inn
240 Front St.
Boyne City, MI 49712
Boyne City Motel
110 North East St.
Boyne City, MI 49712
Visit or lodge in this beautiful city located right on Lake Michigan while you’re so close by! Petoskey Area Visitors Bureau