The 14th Annual Boyne Thunder Poker Run on Lake Charlevoix & Lake Michigan. Hear the Thunder…Help the Kids
July 7-8, 2017
Port stops of Boyne City, Charlevoix, Northport, Elk Rapids, Harbor Springs, Bay Harbor, and Horton Bay.
Leaving Boyne City, boats will head down Lake Charlevoix to beautiful Charlevoix. Once out on Lake Michigan, the course will go south for card stops at Elk Rapids and Northport, then return to the City of Charlevoix Marina for lunch in beautiful downtown Charlevoix. The Poker Run continues after lunch with cards stops in Harbor Springs and Bay Harbor in Little Traverse Bay, then returns to Lake Charlevoix for the final card stop at Horton Bay. The poker run concludes with a reception at beautiful Sommerset Pointe Yacht Club.
Boyne Thunder Entry Fees
- Registration Opens March 1 at 9 a.m. for past participants*
- March 15 at 9 a.m. Open Registration
*Promo code required
Please complete the online Entry Form and submit with payment to Pay Pal. The entry fee is $725, which includes the driver and a crew of one. Additional crew will be charged at the rate of $150 per person. These fees include your entry fee for the poker run, custom Boyne Thunder T-Shirt, Captain’s gift, attendance at Friday night gala, breakfast, lunch and reception on Saturday and attendance at awards banquet and auction on Saturday night. The $725 entry fee must be paid at the time of registration. Additional crew can be added until June 24, 2017.
Note: Proof of insurance for boats is required with your entry in a .pdf format and must be emailed to email@example.com by May 31, 2017.
Cancellation before June 15, 2017, will result in a forfeiture of $300 deposit. Cancellations on or after June 15, 2017 will result in forfeiture of all registration fees. There will be no partial rebates for unused dockage or non-participation in any Boyne Thunder events.
There’s nothing like it … Boyne Thunder is unique!
There is no other event like it in Northern Michigan. Since 2004, we have grown into a world class event with boaters from all over the country, great media coverage, national attention and great local support. When you come to Boyne City we make you feel special because you are.
Here are other important items we want you to know about our event:
- Boyne City is centered in one of the most picturesque boating regions of the Midwest and is a boater’s gateway to the world! Door County, Mackinac Island and the legendary North Channel Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee and Ontario, Canada
- It’s a unique small town with charm and vibrancy, history, world class restaurants and a great place to live work and play
- We have nearby IFR and jet-rated airports for visitors
- Marina and dockage facilities adjacent to downtown provide easy access to downtown shopping, dining and entertainment
- Benefits the Boyne City Mainstreet Program, Camp Quality and Challenge Mountain
Hear from the boaters. What do you like best about Boyne Thunder?
- Boyne City knows how to put on a great, fun and adventure-filled poker run! We were very impressed with how involved the local community was and how welcoming they are.
- The local people were so friendly, the water is beautiful, the atmosphere is awesome
- Awesome boats and even better people
- It’s as beautiful as Key West in its own way. I do them both every year. The locals in Boyne are over the top gracious and helpful and appreciate all of us coming to town. That is felt by everyone I have talked to and its genuine I’m sure.
Fees & Prizes
Entry Fee – $725 per boat. Includes driver and a crew of one .
- $150 each for additional crew registered
- Prizes awarded to Top 3 Poker hands
- Entertainment and excellent food
- Convenience–one block away from downtown restaurants, pubs and shops
- A captain’s gift from Boyne Thunder
- Participation in the Poker Run
- Event T-shirts
- Trailer parking
All Crew Participants Enjoy:
- Thursday Reception at Boyne Mountain
- Friday Dinner and Stroll the Streets
- Saturday morning Captains’ Breakfast
- Saturday Lunch
- Saturday dinner, entertainment, poker awards and auction
$150 wristband for all meals and land based events
Schedule of Events
Thursday, July 6, 2017
- 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. – Boyne Thunder Participant Reception, Boyne Mountain Eagle’s Nest
Friday, July 7, 2017
- All day – Watch the Offshore Thunder boats arrive at the Boyne City Marina. This is a great opportunity to see the boats and meet the drivers.
- 1 p.m. – Thunder boat ride for Camp Quality Michigan Kids from City Marina
- 6 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Come Stroll the Streets of beautiful downtown Boyne City. This special evening features great music, a display of Boyne Thunder boats and classic cars and lots of fun. Stroll the Streets run until 9 p.m.
- 8:30 p.m. – Stereo Wars, Boyne City Marina.
Saturday, July 8, 2017
- All Day – Fun and Excitement by the water and shopping in beautiful Boyne City
- 8 a.m. – Noon Farmers Market opens at Peninsula Beach.
- 10:15 a.m. – Parade lap begins for the 13th annual Boyne Thunder Poker Run. Watch the start of this spectacular event from Veterans Park, located on the shore of beautiful Lake Charlevoix.
- 11:30 a.m. – The legendary Lake Charlevoix Champagne Cruise begins. There is no better way to enjoy Boyne Thunder than by cruising the lake aboard a luxury yacht. The cruise features appetizers and beverages as well as a chance to greet the boaters at the final card stop. Tickets are $100. Call Jeff at 231.582.2400 for availability.
- 2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. – Boaters’ Reception at Sommerset Pointe. Tickets are only $10. This is a great chance to see the boats and enjoy an afternoon at this wonderful development on Lake Charlevoix.
- 7 p.m. – Dinner, Music, Awards and Silent Auction in Veterans Park by the Lake.
- Boyne City Municipal Marina will be the base of operations for the event.
- Shower and bathroom facilities are available. You are welcome to spend the nights aboard your boat, but you may wish to stay at one of the many area lodging facilities.
- Check-in for Boyne Thunder participants is 12:00pm EST, Friday July 7. Check-out is 12:00pm Sunday. If you are interested in extending your stay, please contact the marina to make your reservation at 231-582-0336
The Elk Rapids Yacht Club will offer a pancake breakfast at the marina in Elk Rapids on July 8th while the boats thunder into the first card stop just off shore. What a great opportunity to catch the boats and grab a bite to eat!!! Proceeds to go towards Boyne Thunder.
Please make hotel reservations early!
Here are four options.
Water Street Inn
Boyne City Motel
Elvyn Lea Lodge
3780 M-75 North
Boyne City, MI 49712